Main Article Content
Background. Significant variability of the quantitative indices of portal blood flow in chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, chronic heart failure, Budd-Chiari disease confirms the need for further search for clinical and hemodynamic features in various forms of portal hypertension (PH). The purpose was to determine the relationship between dopplerographic indices of the portal system, clinical data and the main markers of cytolytic, cholestatic and mesenchymal-inflammatory syndromes in patients with hepatic and extrahepatic PH. Materials and methods. The study included 205 patients with PH and 35 patients without PH who underwent examination and treatment in the gastroenterology department of the Mykolaiv Regional Clinical Hospital. All patients underwent clinical examination, dopplerography of the portal system vessels, and biochemical blood test. Results. In patients with hepatic PН, the greatest changes in the dopplerographic indices of both venous and arterial blood flow were observed simultaneously with a significant degree of cytolysis and cholestasis markers, and the revealed reliable correlation indicates their associative character. A characteristic feature of extrahepatic hypertension was the absence of signs of liver failure or their lesser severity, and no parallelism was found between biochemical and hemodynamic parameters in this form of PН.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.
Pavlov ChS, Maevskaya MV, Kitsenko EA, Kovtun VV, Ivashkin, VT. Pharmacotherapy of portal hypertension and its complications: analysis of efficacy of preparations for clinical practice and discussion of promising methods of treatment. Klinicheskaia meditsina. 2013;91(6):55-62. (in Russian).
Ranchaeva NA, Yurchuk VA. Hemodynamic features in children with extrahepatic portal hypertension in cavernous transformation of portal vein pre- and postoperatively of porto-systemic shunting. Siberian Medical Review. 2014;(89):63-67. (in Russian).
Tumanskaya NV, Tugushev AS, Barskaya ES, Fedusenko AA, Nordio EG. Ultrasound and Doppler examination capabilities in adult portal hypertension type deﬁnition. Pathologia. 2015;2(34);35-38. (in Ukrainian).
Kamyshnikov VS. Spravochnik po kliniko-biokhimicheskim issledovaniiam i laboratornoi diagnostike [Reference book on clinical and biochemical research and laboratory diagnostics]. 3rd ed. Moscow: MEDpress-Inform; 2009. 896 р. (in Russian).
Mit'kov VV. Dopplerografiia v diagnostike zabolevanii pecheni, zhelchnogo puzyria, podzheludochnoi zhelezy i ikh sosudov [Dopplerography in the diagnosis of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and their vessels]. Moscow: Publishing house Vidar-M; 2000. 152 p. (in Russian).
Luchkevich VS, editor. Osnovy meditsinskoi statistiki: uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Fundamentals of medical statistics: educational-methodical manual]. Saint-Petersburg: Publishing house of the Mechnikov North-West State Medical University; 2014. 32 p. (in Russian).